- This event has passed.
Mobile Soup Kitchen
November 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
When: Every 6th Saturday. Journey Church would be responsible for 8-9 per year.
Where: Oak Street across from Walmart entrance in the pullout.
Times: 11:45 Set-up, Serve 12-2pm.
Guests: Expect to serve anywhere from 6-25 people but the average lately has been 8-15.
Volunteers: 2 can do it. 4-6 works pretty well, including a leader. More than 6 can be like herding cats. 1 person cooking, 1-2 people serving, 1-2 talking with guests. The goal is to interact with the guests.
Menu Ideas: * Main Entrée – Nothing too spicy or chewy (If entrée is light add a pre-made sandwich component)* Soup or Chili or Stew(Something hearty and hot)
* Hot Roast beef sandwiches with au jus
* A casserole dish with meat
* Grill Burgers/Brats (Summer)
* Sides* Fruit
* Individual assorted chips
* Dessert (cookies/brownies)
* Pasta or Potato salad (Summer)
* Beverages* Hot Coffee
* Hot Chocolate/Cider (need hot water) (Winter)
* Bottled Water
* Electrolyte Drink such as Gatorade/Powerade (gotta have red).
* Bulk drinks and dispense from a cooler.