All Journey Communities have these five practices in common (as seen in Acts 2:42-47):
Led by Spiritual Parents
Discussing Spiritual Content
Going Out to the World
Journey Communities all exhibit these principles:
Regular Rhythms • Inclusive • Children Welcome • Multiplying
Discipleship: Learning to practice the ways of Jesus.
We want to model our lives by what we observe in the life of Jesus.
Jesus discipled others through multiple environments.
a few people helping each other learn the practice of hearing and responding to God.
UP: Hear + Respond
- Share what you have heard from God.
- Share what you have learned from Scripture this past week.
- Share how you can obey what you have encountered in the Scripture.
IN: Repent + Believe
- Spend time confessing sin to God and one another (James 5:16, 1 John 1:9).
- After sin has been confessed, spend time reminding yourself and one another of the grace you have received in Jesus, cultivating a heart of gratitude.
OUT: Consider + Pray
- Plan opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus (in word or action) in the coming week.
- Share how your relationships and spiritual conversations have gone with your non-believing friends.
- Share how you plan to weave these friends into your community, then pray for your friends by name.
Questions? Get in touch!